In Comparison with jQuery
When implementing a well known scenario where a UI needs to send some requests to the backend server and then render it on the web page and perform it back and forth. This scenario can be implemented both in AngularJS and JQuery. But AngularJS does not require the developer to do the DOM translations back and forth. The logic or behaviour within jQuery which affects the elements are coupled and hence they are needed to be separated by the developer efficiently. If one has to update a particular DOM element for the backend server, it needs to be coded. One cannot separate UI's data and the data controller.
AngularJS helps in two-way data binding, where you could use a specified name to resolve a value defined by the controller scope. It could be sourced from the backend server, or even the JSON code. The data and the HTML view code can thus be decoupled. The two way data binding boosts test-ability and leads the user to be able to inject mock-up JSON data dynamically into the HTML view. The model data though needs to be updated via the controller.
Also, this framework implements Model/View/Controller concept by separating the UI data and its representation. All the code is used to translate data to the DOM and vice versa. AngularJSon the other hand makes binding very seamless boosting productivity in the bargain. One can do the same on jQuery but with AngularJS, it is smarter and more efficient. Also the concept of Single Page Application through Angular Routes wherein pages and its portions can be routed.
- Faster and Modern Browsers: The need for faster browsers is very important for developers and with AngularJS 2.0, one can stress more on varied browsers on the desktop as well as on mobile. Developers use AngularJS since its code-base is short and compact and one can actually use its features without worrying about backward compatibility. Hence the AngularJS app development process is simplified.
- Mobility Driven: AngularJS was developed with the advent of mobile in consideration. Hence it is well suited to develop mobile apps and with the latest version, more features have facilitated mobility driven approach for simplified development process. Developers are vouching for mobile-specific features including low memory consumption, touch support and performance tuning. Mobile app issues can be resolved easily with AngularJS too.
- Changing Internet: The web has changed drastically over the years and is expected to change in the future as well. Although AngularJS older versions cannot work with web components like HTML imports, shadow DOM etc., the newer version allows developers to create custom elements and support for diverse web components.
- Better Performance: AngularJS was meant for designers originally although with a few improvements made in design, it can even fulfill the developer’s requirements. With some more improvements, developers will be keen to use the framework that can enable them to create applications at will. The improved versions will even enhance the performance of the framework to a large extent.
- Easy Applicability: Implementing AngularJS is not at all easy since it requires a lot of in-depth understanding about the technicalities of the framework along with extensive knowledge about its strengths and features. It includes features like custom directives and controllers that form the nucleus of AngularJS and are not easy to master. But with the newly rewritten code for AngularJS, one can expect faster development process and faster time to market.
- New Dependency Injections: The Dependency Injection (DI) is the biggest attribute of AngularJS as this element separates it from the competitor’s frameworks by a wide margin. This attribute helps coders to avoid writing any amount of tedious code for any application. With the dependency injection, developers can provide common to cutting-edge services and a huge fillip to the popularity of the framework.
- Strong, Flexible Routing: Routing has been implemented in a wide variety of requirements and to introduce features like nested states as part of the core AngularJS router. Some other features along with the simple, scalable and extensible routing feature include the URL resolver, navigational model changes, push state child router option, or hash change etc. Although the expectations of the developers are high, AngularJS has managed to please every party in different ways.