Pros and Cons of PhoneGap App Development
With the ever growing demand and popularity of the iPhone and Android apps, it has become crucial for the app developers to build apps that can cater all the diverse needs & deeds of the mobile users. However, creating a separate app for each and every mobile platform is quite costly and time consuming. Therefore, mobile app development companies in India are preferring to use cross-platforms to build a single app that will run smoothly on all the mobile operating systems on the go.
- All the PhoneGap apps can be installed much like a native app, and are able to leverage app store discoverability.
- It follows a plug-in architecture, which indirectly means that access to the native device APIs can be extended in a modular way.
- Using PhoneGap would enable you to distribute and integrate payment through the app store.
- Leverage from tons of libraries.
- If your mobile app includes too many graphic elements, performance could be a big issue.
- Not so clear information and directions for user-interface and other best practices to make the app better.
- Documentation is also not so descriptive and at times also lack crucial information required for the development.
Of course, PhoneGap brings a whole host of features and benefits for the app development in India, but one should also consider possible drawbacks associated with it. Do you have more points to share? Share it in the comments...!